Big news! I just checked in with our event team, and the word is that the Group Health Seattle to Portland ride is fast closing in on a sellout. Fewer than 500 spots are available, and by the time this blog post (and the twitter feed and the Facebook update) makes the rounds, I expect the event to be closed. That could be next week. Or Sunday. Or Saturday. But most likely, that means within 24 hours.
Are you riding this year? Here’s the 2009 breakdown:
- 10,000 riders
- Oldest rider: 87
- Youngest rider: 2 years 4 months old
- 18% first-time riders
- 100 safety and medical riders
- 310 riders who have participated in 10+ STPs
- Riders came from 46 states plus Australia, Bermuda, Canada, England, Puerto Rico, and Sweden.
- 8,011 Washington riders (2,235 from Seattle)
- 1,235 Oregon riders (551 from Portland)
Register online while you still can.