Registration hasn’t been open long, but already thousands of cyclists and hundreds of teams have signed up to participate in the Group Health Commute Challenge in May. We’re more than a fifth of the way to our goal of 12,500 riders.
If you’re not yet registered, sign up is easy. The first step is to designate a captain to sign your team. When Captains register a team, automatic email invitations are sent to team members, asking them to join. That’s it.
If you already signed up, don’t rest on your laurels, there’s still more to do. Spread the word:
- Invite other cyclists to participate. If they’re riding already, there’s no reason not to log miles and be eligible to win prizes.
- Help a new rider get started. Recruit new riders to your team and coach them through their first few commutes. Map out a route. Look of their bikes. If you can, ride into work with a new rider to model behavior and show them how easy cycling is.
- Join the event on Facebook , and while you’re at it, post your ride so your friends know you’re biking.
- Follow us on Twitter and tweet some news. We’re using #GHCC for posts related to the contest.
- Decorate your cubicle and put up posters at your workplace or around your community. Print out posters at our promotional materials page.
- Volunteer! Have a good time, meet other cyclists and help make Bike Month happen.