One of the most rewarding moments of the Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic is crossing the finish line. You’ve made it, all 200+ miles on your own two wheels, and there’s a huge crowd waiting to cheer you on for your accomplishment!
The Finish Line Festival in Holladay Park is also an attraction in its own right, featuring music, food and beverage service, exhibitor and sponsor booths, a massage tent, showers and first aid. We’ll also have a New Belgium Beer Garden and ton of giveaways. Even if you’re not riding the STP, if you’re in Portland for the weekend it’s worth checking out.
- Nuun, our official hydration sponsor;
- Dave’s Killer Bread, the official bread of the 2011 event;
- Darigold, who will handing out chocolate Refuel to aid your post-ride recovery;
- Super Supplements, who will have samples and a drawing for two $50 gift cards;
- And Outdoors NW, with free magazines featuring other great recreational opportunities around the northwest.
If you’re there to cheer on the riders, make sure to stop by the Windermere sign-making tent.
And for all you Seattle Sounders fans who are excited to be at the festival, but secretly a little disappointed about missing them play the Portland Timbers on Sunday, July 10, never fear!
We’ll have a silent viewing screen in the New Belgium Beer Garden, as well as a family friendly area in the lawn with sound and two large screens showing the game from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
Whether you’re riding the STP, or just there to cheer them on, the festival is going to be a blast!