Our Bicycle Ambassadors will be all over the Puget Sound this week and weekend. Look out for them at:
- 7/26: UW Energizer Station, on the Burke-Gilman Trail between Brooklyn and University 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Stop by on your ride home to say hello and get some air in your tires.
- 7/27: Helmet Sale at Renton Community Center, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Come pick up a low-cost helmet ($15) as well as a bike map and summer riding advice.
- 7/27: Madrona Farmer’s Market, 3 to 7 p.m.
- 7/28: NW Solar Fest at Shoreline Community College, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We’ll be running TWO bicycle rodeo’s for the kiddos at this giant festival of environmental living. Grab your kids, their bikes and helmets and swing by. Rodeo hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
- 7/29: Ballard Farmer’s Market, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
As per usual, Ambassador Brian will be stationed at the Ballard market to dispense his vast knowledge of all things bicycle-related!
- 7/29: Log Boom Park Energizer Station in Kenmore, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Take some time out of your weekend ride to talk with our Ambassadors about trail safety tips (more details below). They will also have free food!
Our highlight of the week this time is something we hope will become the highlight of YOUR week as well-we are kicking off our summertime trail safety campaign. We’ll be rolling out some friendly reminders of how everyone can be a more respectful trail user in the form of colorful “Burma Shave” signs and on-trail stenciling. Look for these messages [and three more versions with different trail safety messages] all around Seattle this summer. This week, they will be near our Energizer station at UW.